The course provides a strong foundation towards managing performance in different scenarios, by presenting relevant tools, processes and techniques meant at closing the performance gap. This training course presents 6 pillars that need to be applied to ensure performance improvement, starting from data analysis and reporting, continuing with decision making and initiative management and ending with learning and building a performance culture. These six pillars are then applied in 12 scenarios, starting from different levels across the company, to diverse capabilities and different stakeholders.
2 or more participants
14 - 16 May
by April 14
- Manage performance at all levels, by identifying and addressing specific challenges;
- Develop and maintain a functional Performance Improvement System;
- Enhance the decision making process by using relevant data;
- Nurture a performance culture;
- Receive a premium recognition of your expertise in performance management granted by The KPI Institute.
- Understand the Performance Management System architecture;
- Rigorously conduct the data analysis process;
- Get insights on best practices in reporting KPIs;
- Practice performance review meetings;
- Gain practical experience in recalibrating the Performance Management System;
- Discover how to build a performance culture;
- Practice performance improvement in 12 different scenarios.
- Individuals interested in performance management Entrepreneurs, analysts and professionals from different fields, interested in performance management, will acquire the knowledge needed to better understand performance management. The networking opportunity and the possibility of sharing knowledge and personal experiences constitute a unique learning experience that facilitates the acquisition and assimilation of performance management skills.
- Top/middle/lower management people Individuals from top/middle/lower management and their respective organizations, regardless of their field of expertise, will be glad to discover that the “Certified Performance Management Professional” course provides the pillars, tools and resources required for the effective implementation of a Performance Management System within their organizations.
- Performance management experts Professionals who occupy positions such as Strategy Manager, Performance Manager or Performance Architect, who already use certain practices within their organizations or have already implemented certain processes and tools, now have the opportunity to check whether the business activity lives up to the standards, and thus, to identify improvement opportunities.
Key business benefits
- Experience the real business applicability of theoretical concepts;
- Manage poor performance in a measurable and effective manner;
- ǽǽManage the organizational decision making process by experiencing a variety of business scenarios.
Day One: Performance Management Fundamentals
|Performance Management Framework
Performance Improvement Scenarios
- System Architecture;
- The importance of implementing a Performance Management System;
- The Performance Management System governance;
- Levels: organizational, divisional, departmental, employee;
- Capabilities: project management,process management, quality management, customer service management;
- Stakeholders: supplier performance, Joint Ventures performance, Board performance, personal performance.
- Data quality dimensions;
- Levels of data analysis;
- Business analysis techniques.
- Report compilation;
- Data visualization rules for wellstructured reports;
- Performance report communication channels.
Day 2 - Performance Improvement Pillars
- Performance review meetings;
- Decision making process;
- Effective follow up of performance review meetings.
Learning and Improvement
- Portfolio of Initiatives development;
- Initiatives documentation form functions;
- Initiatives documentation process;
- Monitoring the initiatives implemented.
Building a Performance Culture
- Performance Management Lifecycle - Evolution;
- Strategy review;
- Performance Management System recalibration;
- Organizational Capability Maturity Models;
- Performance Management Maturity Model;
- Change management;
- Employee performance management;
- Employee engagement;
- Bonus systems examples;
Day 3 - Performance Improvement in Practice
- Organizational performance improvement;
- Divisional performance improvement;
- Departmental performance improvement;
- Employee performance improvement;
- Project management;
- Process management;
- Quality management;
- Customer service management.
Review and Certification Exam
- Supplier performance;
- Joint Ventures performance;
- Board performance;
- Personal performance.
- Course review;
- Certification Exam.
Head of Professional Practice
Mihai Toma is the Head of Professional Practice MENA at The KPI Institute,the global authority on Key Performance Indicators research and education.His research activity in the Performance Management field has resulted in the documentation and revision of over 1000 Key Performance Indicators.
Some of Mihai's most significant research programs have resulted in the development of several publications such as "The KPI Compendium" and the "Top 25 KPIs in 2011- 2012" Report Series.
Mihai has gained a solid background in implementing performance management systems due to facilitating the establishment of The KPI Institute’s strategic direction and the cascading of KPIs from the organizational level to the individual one.
Mihai has been actively involved in the implementation and design of KPI operational dashboards and functional performance scorecards, assisting in the development of the performance management system architecture for The KPI Institute’s clients from various industries and functional areas.
As a Master Trainer, certified by the Association for Talent Development, Mihai has developed and delivered training courses on selecting and documenting KPIs, managing individual performance, performance improvement, such as the: Certified KPI Professional and Practitioner Certificati on, Performance Improvement Masterclass, KPI Masterclass and KPI Essentials.
As a Certified KPI Practitioner, Mihai has advised and worked with a variety of international clients from industries such as petrochemicals, utilities,healthcare, construction materials production, pension funds, food production and professional services.
Mihai holds a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Tourism and Services and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration /Managerial Economics from the Lucian Blaga University, Faculty of Economic Studies.Mihai's educational and professional background is complemented by an international Certificate in KPI Management, granted by The KPI Institute, as well as the knowledge gained after participating in a series of international seminars and conferences on the topics of Performance Management, the Balanced Scorecard, HR and Key Performance Indicators.
This part of the learning experience is meant to ensure a smooth transition to the face to face training. Participants are required to take the following steps:
- Needs assessment – complete a questionnaire to determine a tailored and relevant learning experience;
- Pre-course evaluation quiz – take a short quiz to establish the current level of knowledge;
- Guidance and schedule – analyze a document presenting guidelines on how to maximize your learning experience;
- Forum introduction – share an introduction message to present yourself to the other course participants;
- Expectations – share your expectations regarding the training course;
- Webinar – watch the webinar "How to overcome 3 key challenges in measuring performance", to get familiar to Performance Measurement, as this is the starting point of the Performance Improvement training course;
- Pre-requisite reading – check several materials in advance, in order to get an overview on the discipline and to gain a more holistic view upon the subject;
- Performance management challenges – reflect on the Performance Management challenges faced in different scenarios and come up with 3 actions that could be taken to improve performance.
During the three days of face to face training, the course is designed to facilitate experiential learning and ensure a high level of interactivity. Exercises used to enhance the development of competencies range from simple matching of concepts to extensive analyses of case studies. The learning experience consists of:
- Applying concepts in practical exercises;
- Analyzing case studies and identifying solutions;
- Using templates to effectively work with performance improvement tools;
- Sharing experiences and best practices;
- Creating a network of performance management professionals;
- Evaluating the knowledge gained, through short quizzes to support the final test.
The learning process is not finalized when the core-course ends. Participants are required to take the following steps:
- Action plan – create a plan for the actions and initiatives you intend to implement after the training course;
- Forum discussions – initiate a discussion and contribute in a discussion opened by another participant;
- In-house presentation – create and submit a short PowerPoint presentation to present your colleagues the knowledge you have accessed during the training course;
- Additional reading – go through a series of resources to expand your content related knowledge;
- Learning journal – reflect upon your 3 stages learning experience and complete a journal.
The certification process is finalized only when you complete all of the 3 stages of the learning experience. Nonetheless, you will receive a:
- Certificate of Attendance (hard copy): after participating at the 3 days of on-site training course;
- Certificate of Completion (soft copy): after completing pre-course activities and passing the Certificati on Exam;
- Certified Benchmarking Professional diploma (hard copy): after you have successfully completed all of the 3 stages of the learning experience.