Selection and data gathering are considered by practitioners all around the world to be the most challenging aspects in working with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). A way to address these challenges is to build a sound framework to measure KPIs, starting from the moment they are selected, until results are collected to be centralized in performance reports.
The KPI Institute has developed a rigorous KPI Measurement Framework that embeds 10 years of research in the field and relies on best practices applicable in the real business environment.
This learning program is structured on two levels of certifications:
- The KPI Certified Professional – a three days training course focused on developing know-how in working with KPIs. The certification can be obtained by taking a multiple question Certification Exam in the last day of the course.
- The KPI Certified Practitioner – a two days training course meant to improve the practical skills in working with KPIs and developing instruments like scorecards, dashboards and KPI documentation forms. The applied exercises of this course will enable participants to complete a trial run of all the steps required to complete the portfolio which is the basis of the KPI Practitioner certification. The exercises will reflect a complete KPI implementation case study, from project planning to KPI data visualization.
The training courses can be accessed individually. However, participants are eligible to receive the KPI Practitioner Certification only if they are KPI Certified Professionals.
- Professionals interested in measuring performance
Professionals from different fields, such as finance, human resources, production, logistics, information technology and others, interested in Key Performance Indicators, will acquire the competencies needed to measure the performance of their team, department or organization.
- Top/middle/lower management professionals
Executives or operational managers, regardless of their field of expertise, will gain the ability and knowledge to measure performance and maximize the value of using KPIs. The tools and resources offered as part of the Certified KPI Professional Training Course enable managers to apply the concepts learned within their organizations, immediately after the course.
- Performance measurement experts
For professionals like Data Analyst, Strategy Manager, Performance Management Officer or Performance Architect, it is important to develop competencies in measuring performance, especially in terms of KPI selection and data gathering. Usually, this particular audience already has a performance measurement system set in place and the Course offers them the opportunity to learn the best practices used in this field and identify how their current processes and approaches regarding KPIs can be improved.
- Develop the project plan for a KPI implementation initiative;
- Practice a sound framework to ensure KPIs are aligned to strategy;
- Receive personalized feedback on developing the KPI portfolio of instruments;
- Expand your business network as a member of the Certified KPI Professionals Community;
- Access +15 templates that help you implement a KPI Measurement Framework in your organization.
- Understand KPI measurement challenges;
- Differentiate between objectives, KPIs and initiatives;
- Understand KPI selection in different contexts;
- Select KPIs for scorecards and dashboards;
- Develop a KPI implementation project plan;
- Optimize the KPI activation and data gathering process.